November saw Nick and I start the Holiday season with a packed visit to the UK to see our family, continue to develop UK connections and attend WEConnect International Europe Conference 2015 in London. netlogx was proudly certified in 2015 by WEConnect International as a Women’s Business Enterprise. The WEConnect mission is to open doors to new supply chains and foster the building of strong networks for women by connecting them both with procurement officers of top corporations and with other certified firms in order to enhance bidding capacity, and create the opportunity of business to business contracting. The organization partners with corporations, associations, governments, women entrepreneurs and their supporters, and is affiliated with a global certification network for women-owned enterprises.
We thoroughly enjoyed the conference as it was vibrant and upbeat. There was a real passion in the attendees and presenters which was great to see and a sign of hope. We came away with strong connections and have already begun following up with individuals and companies; which is exciting for netlogx in 2016 and beyond.
As I look to 2016 and what it has to offer netlogx,I would be remiss if I didn’t review the 2015 netlogx highlights:
- New business won – how we keep the doors open!
- Number of new team members hired – how we support the clients!
- Continued focus on team member development – retaining the talent we have!
- Enhanced benefits including increased PTO, simplified open enrollment process, HSA quarterly matches – how we help our staff stay productive!
- Enhanced technology – new laptops and tools – again productivity!
- Maintaining our culture – Random appreciation lunches, Dress down days for charity, Increased community outreach, Wellness continues to go from strength to strength, with the enhanced Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Communication – Quarterly team building meetings have been a great success for sharing as have the addition of Quarterly Company reports
2016 “What’s Coming:”
- Continue to build on many of our 2015 initiatives
- Develop an increased focus on accountability and honest feedback
- Robust training opportunities including more lunch and learns, coaching circles, next round of Six Sigma green belt training and full team member trainings
- Quarterly updates on company goals and quarterly updates on Business Development
- netlogx has joined a community of like-minded, purpose-driven companies committed to growing their business by growing their people.
- trueU member companies all believe that growing leaders (Grow), investing in relationships (Connect), serving others (Serve) is the healthy way to grow a business.
- Through trueU we will have access to programs that focus on self-improvement, leadership, and service via online courses and live classes.
Continues wellness activities and the return of the Fitbit competition coming soon!
A new year is like a blank book, and the pen is in your hands. It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself. Happy New Year!