Data mapping and modeling are all about creating a guide where source data is easily directed to the targeted database. This approach works to rationalize and unify the information your company keeps. Here’s a further breakdown of the benefits:
- Organize your information assets into an enterprise data model that your business can understand and navigate.
- Create a standard vocabulary for your data and processes that your business and IT providers will use to communicate more effectively.
- Employ solutions that can be re-used on projects to accelerate development and improve overall quality.
The main issue with not having this type of approach is that your systems could easily develop into silos of applications. Not only is this wasteful, but it can also be pretty costly. You don’t have time to deal with dysfunctional systems and procedures that all house slightly different data. In these instances, you’ll have to spend the money, time, and resources to clean things up. Worse, you’ll have to transfer and correct all of your data before you can even think of supporting your business.
That’s where netlogx comes in. Our data architects guide you through every step of the data mapping process, working quickly and systematically to create an inventory of what’s in your possession. We then classify and document the mapped data, making sure it’s always referred to in the same way to avoid any confusion. Your netlogx data architect works with you to develop a data model that is simple to understand and navigate.
By this point, you’ll be ready to go it alone, in which case your netlogx data architect will help by creating data flow and transformation documents to improve the quality of your data. It’s as simple as this list of processes we undertake for you:
- Systematically map your data by gathering metadata.
- Build an inventory of your company’s important data and its usage.
- Develop standard vocabulary and classification of your data.
- Drive integration through data modeling.
- Capture requirements for data movement.
At netlogx, we really take the time to get to know you and your business. We always begin with the end in mind because we believe you deserve a straightforward and proactive approach to information management. We don’t just look at where we can improve your processes; we also focus on the critical data that drives your business—allowing us to target the areas where your company can obtain the most value. Take the first step and request a consultation today!