Looking at how it will work: Enhanced point of presence penetration testing
netlogx is here to research what you feel when you go about your work. We call it your environment, and we analyze your servers and applications as well as look at how vulnerable your processes are even when they’re hidden behind a firewall.
This is an enhanced point of presence penetration test, and as our consultant looks at vulnerabilities in your internal network, they do so through these stages:
- Analysis and research – to check which information about network addresses and IT deployment is in the public domain
- Penetration testing – to scan your systems, but without causing any damage or disruption to your servers
- Develop exploitation scenarios – to see how your firewall could be breached
- Prepare and present findings – to show you where your business is vulnerable and how those vulnerabilities could impact on your business together with other conclusions
Why undergo enhanced point of presence penetration testing?
Quite simply, it’s much more comprehensive than a basic point of presence penetration test.
The enhanced version identifies areas of risk and highlights their relative priorities. Combined with the end of study report which indicates and explains vulnerabilities uncovered and their impacts, the enhanced test:
- Highlights the specifics of the vulnerabilities
- Shows the steps that need to be taken to fix them
- Prioritises the improvements which need to be made