“Think Positive, Be Positive” – Unattributed
This concise and straightforward quote speaks to me. What a great way to start each day with a positive outlook on life. Wouldn’t the world be a better place if everyone tried to “Think Positive, Be Positive”. Personally, I would rather interact with people who are upbeat and positive vs the opposite. As I am sure we all experience, there are some days in which it takes extra energy to be optimistic and happy. However, the extra effort really pays off.
Each year a date is set as Positive Thinking Day. It is a time set aside to concentrate on all things positive. An American entrepreneur started this day in 2003 so that people could commemorate the many rewards that can be found in thinking positively.
Here are ways to celebrate Positive Thinking Day:
- Start the day positively by saying “Today is going to be a good day!” This will set the tone for the day ahead of you.
- Say some affirmations. These are positive sentences about you or your circumstances that can give you boldness, confidence and self-esteem.
- Associate yourself with positive people.
- Show gratitude for the simple things in life.
- Read or watch positive, motivational books and movies.
- Perform a Random Act of Kindness; ex. buying the person in the drive thru behind you their meal or beverage or send someone a positive text message.
- Finally, the best thing you can do for yourself and others, today and every day, is to simply smile.
At a time when a large part of our world is under distress, I love reading and hearing about the positive and upbeat stories which come out of these terrible situations. It is so uplifting to know the generosity and kindness of people. I read this story about a Florida man who gave the last generator to a woman in need. After reading this, I am filled with hope and happiness. I know there are many more stories like this one and those are the ones I choose to focus on during difficult times.
As I have been writing this blog, I keep thinking why is there only one day set aside to focus on all things positive? I am choosing to focus each day on all things positive and one day a month to perform a Random Act of Kindness. I encourage each of you to take the challenge and set your own goals for focusing on all things positive. What a wonderful world we would all enjoy every day.