Have you ever been part of a change management project that failed? Perhaps the team lead didn’t have a cohesive goal in mind, or maybe the project got started before management thought through problems. Whatever the case, poorly managed changes are likely to fail. But never fear—netlogx is here to help you ensure your change management plans stay afloat. Whether you need help with planning or the basics of change management communication, we’re here for you.
Why Poor Change Management Plans Fall Apart
Even the best-laid plans sometimes go awry, but most errors don’t have significant consequences. However, an improper strategy for change management can lead to adverse effects your organization could feel for years. Make sure to get familiar with some of the most common pitfalls change managers face:
- Blurry Vision: Before ever making a big business change, develop a clear vision of what you’d like the outcome to be. When does the project need to be finished? How do you communicate change to the entire team? Without a goal in mind, it’s easy to get off track.
- Failure to Get Your Team on Board: Getting your team on board with the process is crucial to managing change. If too many people oppose a project or program, it may never get off the ground.
- Insufficient Resources: It’s nearly impossible to ensure successful change if you don’t have the proper resources. Before you get started, take stock of what you’ll need to start the process off on the right foot.
Don’t Sweat Organizational Change Management
Despite the risks of poorly managed change, there are plenty of ways to ensure your project goes off without a hitch. Once you understand how to manage change properly, you’ll have a much easier time navigating new systems and opposing ideas. Keep these things in mind as you prepare for a big change:
- Embrace the Challenge: Change can be painful, but there’s always a way to make it stick. Prepare for a challenge, but keep in mind that success is possible with adequate planning and the right partners in place.
- Open Up Communication: The importance of communication can’t be stressed enough! Opening up lines of change communication goes a long way to fostering trust among your teammates. The more transparent and receptive to questions you are, the more likely your employees will get on board.
- Always Start (and End) with a Plan: Never kick off a change management initiative without a plan. Developing a plan beforehand allows you to feel more comfortable with the project as well as anticipate problems before they occur.
Partner with a netlogx Consultant
You don’t have to deal with a major change alone! The consultants at netlogx are here to help you brave the challenge. For additional resources, our change management hub is a great place for anyone hoping to streamline their organization. No matter the scope of your next project, netlogx is excited to partner with you.