All of the clients we work with experience change, but many don’t know how to approach it. As a consulting firm who helps organizations solve complex business challenges, netlogx helps our clients with Organizational Change Management (OCM), which is essentially building a plan to address the needs of those who will be impacted by the change(s) being implemented. Simply put, we help manage change.
OCM should help do the following:
- Identify and describe the modification(s) in the business environment
- Communicate awareness of the change being implemented to all business areas
- Develop a transition plan for adjusting workflow and task changes for each business role affected, including all layers of business administration and employees in the transition strategy
- Train employees relative to their roles in the transition
- Encourage support for the transition by opening communication channels and addressing concerns of the employees
Communication is at the center of driving this process. And communication centered on the people affected by a transition is incredibly important to building buy-in from your team. Creating a healthy exchange of ideas with two-way communication ― both listening and sharing ― builds collaboration needed for a successful transition and promotes business process improvement.
Creating an OCM plan will establish the framework for this communication by:
- Recognizing and supporting employees in their roles within the business
- Communicating changes to foster employee participation in the transition
- Increasing efficiency, improving skills and tools, and reducing rework
An OCM plan will also identify the stakeholders involved in the execution of the change and each member’s role in the transition.
The benefits of effective OCM are vast. For example, I am currently working with a client on creating reports to increase their service productivity. These reports can provide new or improved visibility into business details that will allow the client to target performance improvement specifically. Increasing performance can increase efficiency and cost-saving measures, as well as be associated with financial incentive rewards.
Change is inevitable in every business. Whether an organization initiates changes or has change be thrust upon them by external circumstances and events, it’s important to keep the communication lines open.
Need help managing change? Contact netlogx for more information on how we can help guide you from uncertainty to clarity.