Many of us are busy preparing for the holidays by attending holiday parties, exchanging gifts and making family favorite recipes. Also, we are looking forward to enjoying a few days off from work.
At the Taylor house, we like to:
Host a Boxing Day Party – it’s our annual traditional to host an English Boxing Day Party. This UK tradition started 800 years ago. The party is held on December 26. Each year we invite our friends to join us for food and drinks and spend time relaxing after the big Christmas feasts. After years of practice, this now runs in true netlogx project management fashion with a Smartsheet ™ schedule and a post-event lessons learned analysis.
What are your holiday traditions? Do they include?
- Watching movies like: It’s a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone, Elf or National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation…just to name a few.
- Christmas Cookie Exchange
- Wear matching pajamas on Christmas morning
- Host or attend an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
- Drive around town viewing Christmas lights and decorations
- Gingerbread House Decorating
The Holidays are also a time to share our blessings. Our netlogx team actively participates in our communities all year long to help those around us. While my list will not be complete as a team we have supported:
|Adopt a Family in Lansing||Catholic Charities|
|Dress for Success||Girls Inc.|
|Gleaners Food Bank||Hannah’s House Lansing|
|Homeless Angels||Indy Habitat for Humanity|
|International School||Simon Youth Foundation|
|St. Mark Catholic School||St. Vincent DePaul|
Regardless of what your holiday traditions are, I wish you, your family and friends a wonderful and safe Holiday Season!